Friday, May 05, 2017

Your Next Stamp - May Release Preview

Hello friends!

It is time for another release at Your Next Stamp and I have had so much fun playing with these sets!! The new release blog hop starts tomorrow night when all the new release items hit the store, but, for today I have a couple sneak peek projects to share.  Don't forget to check out the Your Next Stamp blog for more peeks and inspiration!!

The set I'm "peeking" tonight is called Great Catch, and, when I first saw it, my mind immediately went to a picture I have of my son at age seven.  He had just caught his first fish and he was SO excited!


So with that thought in mind, I took a cue from Chan's wonderful video last month and pulled out my Hobonichi planner to brainstorm some ways I could use the set.  (Nope... I'm not much of an artist!!  LOL!!) My favorite was the one you see on the left... making a topper for a treat bag filled with Swedish Fish.



To begin, I stamped the image in Versafine Black ink and then colored it with watercolor pencils and a blender pen.  After I cut and embossed the sentiment I layered it onto the image panel and cut them both with a Stitched Rectangle Die.  The treat bag is actually a clear envelope that I cut down, and I added some "wavy" patterned paper to give the fishies a place to swim.   A few sparkly gumdrops finish it off.  This will be my husband's Father's Day gift.  Shhh.... don't tell!

But I couldn't stop with just one project!  This image was so fun to color that I decided to make a card for a little boy's birthday, too...




Doesn't this make you excited for the new release??  SOOOO fun!!


Thanks for stopping by today and for leaving a sweet comment! 
I'll see you again soon for the new release blog hop! : )

Tricia

5 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a darling image! TFS!

jean said...

cute bear he would make a great valentine card!!

Linda T said...

What a lovely card and top. I think the fishing bear die has to be one of my favourite. Beautiful coloring.

Unknown said...

Awe what a great inspiration

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Once again you have outdone yourself. Great layout with the skewed panel and of course anything with swedish fish is awesome!