Friday, May 30, 2014

{Gina K Designs} Time to Celebrate!!


Hello, everyone!

Did you see the news?  I've been asked to be a designer for Stamp TV and Gina K Designs!  I feel so privileged and honored, and I couldn't wait until Monday's blog hop to share a card made with the new Stamp TV Kit that debuted last night.  And the sentiment is so appropriate to how I feel!

For today's card I started by diecutting a piece of watercolor paper with a Spellbinders rectangle. While it was still in the die, I used a wide watercolor brush to 
wash it with water.  (My DD had picked up the brush in an inexpensive pack of children's paintbrushes!) I scribbled ink from four distress markers onto an acrylic block and picked up each color in turn with my brush, covering the paper in broad strokes.

After drying my paper with my heat gun, I stamped the small orange dots from the new floral set in the Stamp TV kit.  Then, using my GKD Black Onyx ink pad, I stamped the flower and sentiment.  My flower needed some leaves, so I inked up just a small part of the leaves and stems stamp and centered it over my flower.  Since the stamps are clear I could place it perfectly!!  I colored the flower just a little with a copic marker before I took my focal image out of the die and matted it on some Black Onyx cardstock., and then onto a Mango mat that I had embellished with three black brads.  A piece of gingham ribbon peeks out between my layers.

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  Be sure to drop by again on Monday.   I'll have a number of cards made with the new kit to show you during the Blog Hop!!

Blessings!

Tricia

2 comments:

Gramma Deb said...

Very nice card, Tricia. And congrats. I look forward to Monday's hop and to the arrival of mt new STV kit.

Nana Griffin said...

Very lovely! Looking forward to the rest of your cards on Monday.