Wednesday, April 16, 2014

{Our Daily Bread} Birthday Pansies


Good morning!  Would you like a cup of tea?  I'm so enjoying my time as a guest designer for Our Daily Bread this month, and today I have a tea and flower themed birthday card to share.

I used my distress markers to watercolor the sweet pansy-filled teacup from the Our Daily Bread Designs Birthday Blessings set for today's card.  I added a strip of paper from the Heart and Soul Collection across the bottom to hold my greeting, then camouflaged the seam with some pink seam binding.  The black mat makes the picture stand out a little more and the rhinestones draw your eye from the buds in the saucer to the flowers themselves and then up to the corner of the card.  A simple touch to complete the look!

Have a blessed day!

Tricia

5 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Ooooh, another super gorgeous card, Tricia!! I love the texture of the watercolor paper and your coloring and shading is so beautiful! The Heart and Soul designer paper goes so perfectly with this! Fabulous job!! HUGS!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tricia, this is so soft and beautiful! Just love this image, and it's beautifully colored on the watercolor paper! So elegant! Hugs, precious friend!

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

That is lovely, Tricia. I do love pretty tea cups and ladies' teas!

Kristie W. said...

Gorgeous card, Tricia. So soft and delicate in the coloring, image and paper choices.

Kelley said...

Tricia, this is a beautiful card!! Love the coloring and all the pretty details!!