Saturday, April 12, 2014

{ODBDSLC197} The Strength of my Heart


Hello friends!

I just got back from vacation, but I really wanted to play along with this week's ODBD Shining the Light Challenge to use Rain or Water or the color Aqua, so I squeezed in some time to play.

For my aqua card, I paired this beautiful verse from ODBD's Psalm 73 with the Violet stamp, and they go together so sweetly!  After I colored my violets with copics, I cut the violets and some leaves out of the main image and stacked them a little differently to make a cluster on the edge of my diecut verse.  I used the largest Antique Labels die for the verse and then cut around it with my scissors to make the larger kraft mat.  Then I layered it over my "signature" dotted ribbon and finished off my card base with some Kaisercraft Spring Bloom paper and Latte Pearls.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tricia

Recipe:
Psalm 73 (odbd), Violet Single (odbd), Copics, Kraft and White cs (pti),
Kaisercraft Spring Bloom Paper (Stamp Simply), Latte Pearls (Stamp Simply




5 comments:

Lyn said...

Such a beautiful card

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tricia, this really caught my eye! It's so my style, and I love how you've used the label and matted it along with the beautifully colored violets! It all beautifully showcases that wonderful verse, sweet friend! So glad you've joined us once again for this week's OSBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs!

Heather Rogers said...

How beautiful, Tricia! Love how you added the pretty flowers to the side of your frame. :)

Linda Carson said...

Tricia, I adore this beautiful card! Lovely in style and coloring! Thanks for creating with us at ODBD!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous get well card Tricia!! I just love the colors, the sentiment and your placement of the stamped flowers. Beautiful design!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD this week!!