Monday, August 12, 2013

Stamp Simply - Monochromatic

Hi friends!  I get an extra spot on the Stamp Simply roster this week!  Love it when that happens!  I decided to put together a very sweet and simple card with a single sheet of paper from My Mind's Eye Tangerine and a Verve Plain Jane stamp


I matted the designer paper with a piece of rust cardstock leaving a 3/8" border of my card base showing.  After stamping my sentiment - Verve's Psalm 37:4 Plain Jane - with Memento Black ink, I cut it out with a Labels Four die and sponged it lightly with VersaMagic Jumbo Java Ink.  I layered a strip of the patterned paper (The opposite side of the pattern I used!) about a third of the way up the card and then added some stitching, after attaching it with scor-tape.  Next came a piece of seam binding, then, before attaching my sentiment popped up with 3d foam, I punched two holes in the diecut piece and made a cheater's bow, topped off with a tiny string bow.  Do you remember cheater's bows??  They are a wonderful way to add a flat embellishment to your card.  Simply make two holes next to each other - I use a 1/8" hole punch - and insert the ends of a piece of ribbon or seam binding into each hole in the front.  Next, bring each tail back up through the opposite hole and adjust as desired.  VOILA!  A cheater's bow!

Now if that explanation was a clear a MUD, just let me know and I'll put together a little picture tutorial for next time. : )

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day, and don't forget to check out all the new goodies in the Stamp Simply store!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I forgot about those bows, and never heard the title of "cheaters bow" -- LOL!!! Perfect, tho!!!