Friday, October 19, 2012

Our Daily Bread Challenge



I must have been feeling very orange today!  Orange is one of my favorite colors - especially at this time of year.  It is a happy color and this is card has a happy sentiment for me.  To know that God's grace is completely sufficient no matter what the circumstances is so comforting when I'm faced with a circumstance or person that makes me stressed or anxious.  How wonderful to be able to rest in Him!!  I followed the sketch at Our Daily Bread for my layout and used the Grow in Grace set for the flowers and sentiment.  I stamped the flowers in Soft Suede ink and then watercolored them very lightly with Tombows.  I was surprised that the ink didn't run, but it actually held up pretty well on the GP #110 cardstock I was using.

Challenges:
Our Daily Bread Sketch Challenge
A Twist of Faith - Favourites

Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

Helen Dooley said...

Love this card. the senti (scripture) is so true. thanks so much for sharing with us at Twist of Faith.

Jan Marie said...

This is so pretty! Love the layers, the stitching, and all of the texture! The charm is perfect and the flowers lovely!! Blessings!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an elegant and beautiful card!! I love the stitching, layers and the rich and cheerful orange!! Gorgeous take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

Jenée said...

Wonderful card, and wonderful, uplifting reminder in this current times. Thank you for entering this week's challenge at Twist of Faith. God bless you.

Laura said...

Lovely card! Your coloring is beautiful and the verse you've chosen is wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us at Twist Of Faith Card Challenges!

Laura C.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Tricia, how exciting to see you at Twist of Faith! Your card is so pretty, i love the autumn colors you've used!

Pauline said...

A beautiful and cheery card! I love that sentiment/scripture... and how true it is... thanks for sharing at Twist of Faith Cards!