Thursday, October 25, 2012

10 Minute Thursday


Hello everyone!

Guess what!!  I am thrilled to bits to be today's 10 Minute Guest Designer on the Flourishes blog!   You've all heard of "Your 15 Minutes of Fame"... well I've only got ten, so let's get started! :)

Today's card uses a quick and easy watercolor technique to make a simple stamped image look complex.  I started by pulling together some coordinating cardstock from my scrap pile.  The size of my kraft-ish cardstock wasn't quite A2 size, so I trimmed it down to a 4"x4" card, and then I stamped the large bouquet from Autumn Blossoms with dye ink onto the cream cardstock.  Using a tiny paintbrush, I simply went around the edges of the image with water, and then touched my paintbrush to some of the other shaded areas in the bouquet itself to darken them.  After I stitched around the edge of the matted image, I stamped a sentiment from Summer Blossoms on a little piece of Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock to finish off this quick fall creation.

Be sure to stop by the Flourishes Blog next week for another 10 Minute Tip!!


No comments: