Saturday, May 05, 2012

Birthday Cards

I make a lot of cards for my Mom to send out and she mentioned the other day that she was low on birthday cards, so I'll probably be showing a number of them in the next little while! : )


This first little card features a digi stamp by Sweet n Sassy - Rhubarb's Sunflower.  I think Rhubarb is so sweet!!  I colored him with copics and then created a little scene with him, using the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge as my inspiration.  The little grass die is from Sweet n Sassy, too.  I didn't have a cloud die, so I cut a piece of white cardstock with the Hearts and Swirls Frame Die from Verve, embossed it and cut it to fit in the corner.

SIMPLE TIP:  Look at your dies to see how you can use them in new and interesting ways!


My second card uses the Viva La Verve sketch - week one.  It is a very simple card using the Many Blessings and Small Phrases sets from Verve as well as the Rounded Scallop Rectangle Frame die.  I think this die is so fun!  It cuts out both the inside and the outside of the frame, so after running it through once with pink cardstock and once with white cardstock, I can mix and match the inside and the outside border as I've done here.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Tricia

1 comment:

Tui Nathan said...

Wow .... just beautiful!!!