Thursday, October 13, 2011

More Homemade Embellishments




Hello friends!

It's been a long day for me, even though it's only two in the afternoon!  I had a dentist appointment today and I don't like the dentist.  I can't have anesthetic so I simply had to rest and pray through getting my tooth filled, and my mouth really isn't very happy at the moment!

When I got home I thought stamping would be good for my throbbing mouth - don't know why exactly, but it sounded good!  Besides I had another idea for a homemade embellishment for the Get Your Diva on Challenge, and I wanted to use the MFT Wednesday Sketch, so I gathered up a few cupcake liners and went to work.  I stacked three liners together and cut them out with two small scalloped circle dies, then cut out the inside to the flower with a small snowflake nestie.  I crumpled it all up after putting a brad in the center and smoothed it out to make the flower.  The cute little leaves are from the Verve coffee set - "Better with You".  I think they are supposed to be used to decorate the cup, but aren't they adorable??  Then I added some fronds punched with a MS punch for some extra dimension.  My tag actually follows the layout of the Verve insert that you get with the Plain Jane stamps.  I love how it turned out!!!!  A few pearls later, it was all done.

I'm entering this in...

Verve GYDO Challenge - Homemade Embellishment
MFTWSC#41- Sketch
Stampin Sisters in Christ - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Think Pink


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Tricia

5 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Loved your liner flower - you card is quite beautiful. Hope your tootth is better.

NanaConnie said...

Absolutely incredible flower! Beautiful card. Love the sentiment -- so perfect for a Think Pink card. Thanks for playing at Tuesday Throwdown this week.
NanaConnie TT DT

Carrie said...

Love the flower! I had 2 cavities filled this week.

Chelsea said...

Great flower!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the flower and the powerful sentiment! Thanks so much for joining with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week!! Hope you will join us again! *Vicki* - Oct GDT