Monday, May 17, 2010

Purple Poppies

I just love how this card turned out! I colored the Poppies digi from Sweet 'n Sassy in purples and olive and matted it on some purple cardstock that I made to look "distressed" with stitching and sponging. The verse is from the digi set Amazing Grace. It's cut with my Antique decorative scissors to look like it was torn, and it's distressed too. I inked up half of a cuttlebug folder with olive ink, and then used the reverse side as the base of my card. The ribbon is from Clear Dollar. I used the opposite side of the satin, so it would look muted and not shiny.

I'm not exactly sure this qualifies for shabby chic for today's CAS challenge, but I think I'm going to enter it... It has the torn edges, and the distressing... just not the really light colors. It's "vintage", at least!! :-)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Tricia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing, Tricia! I love the rich purple in the poppies, the texturing in the background, and how your spongeing and pearls draw attention to the greeting. Beautiful!!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Wow this is beautiful Tricia. I love how you embossed this one. I have those folders too but they seem to not emboss the full length of the card. Are there different size folders, because my cuttle bug ones seem to be to small for my card size. Just wondering. Thanks for sharing your great card.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, adorable card Tricia.
luv
Debby