Thursday, February 25, 2010

Turtles & Daisies & Sneak Peeks!

It's time for Clear Dollar Stamp sneak peeks again! Doesn't it seem like the months just fly by? We're already making cards for spring and summer. Ahhh.... makes me long for warm weather - or at least a robin or two!!

My first card is made with one of Shawne's adorable Patchpal characters... the Patchpal Turtle. Be sure to click on the picture so you can see his adorable little snail friend. Isn't it sweet? I colored the turtle with copics and added a little paper piecing to his shell and the body of the snail. Do you see what I mean about making me wish for sun? The image and those colors are just so bright and sunshiney!!

My second card uses a sweet set called Daisy Duo. Are there such things as purple daisies?? I guess there are now! :-) It was fun to pull out my frond punch and buttons to accent my little frame. Don't forget to use your treasures!!

There is *much* more to be seen, so be sure to visit the other designers' blogs. I'll see you back here tomorrow for Day 2!!

Clear Dollar Stamps Preview Team:
FRIENDS & GIGGLES

CDS STAMPS USED: Patchpal Turtle CS/PAPERS: White, Melon, Lemon, K&Co DP INK: Memento Black, Olive MARKERS: Copic R20, 22; E00, 51; YG11, 03, 23, 63; Coral Marker ACCENTS/TOOLS: Circle & Scallop Circle Punches, Ribbons COLORING: Copics & prismacolors w/oms TECHNIQUES: paper piecing for the snail body and the bottom of the turtle's shell

ALL THE BEST

CDS STAMPS USED: Daisy Duo CS/PAPERS: Artichoke, Cream, Purple, Watercolor Paper INK: Memento Black MARKERS: Copic BV00, 04; V12, 15; Y17, 21; YR02 ACCENTS/TOOLS: Labels 4 Die, MS Frond Punch, Artichoke buttons, twine, Stickles, chalk, sewing machine COLORING: Copics, pastels

14 comments:

CarlaKH said...

Those are so cute! I love the colors you used for both too. Adorable!

Cassie said...

Hey Tricia! Boy, these are both so great. Your coloring always amazes me. . .I want to study it ;D

Linda Anderson said...

Both of your cards are stunning Tricia!!!!! You better believe there are purple daisies...they can be whatever you want!!!!! And I want an ounce of your coloring talent, yours blows me away!!!! I am definitely thinking spring with your samples!!!

Linda

Debbi said...

Tricia, your cards are so beautiful! I love that turtle!
I hope you and your family are doing well!
*smiles*
Debbi

Shawna said...

This is luscious Tricia!

Unknown said...

Super bright springy colors on both of them Tricia--- Loved your color choices and the paper is perfect with them! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

These are so pretty. Your turtle is so fresh and sweet.

Kevin Renz said...

Love the samples Tricia... great job!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Tricia, I love the pink and green for the turtle that makes the stamp look so sweet! I love the punched greenery with the daisy stamps. Great job girl keep it up!

Linda Borneman said...

Hi Tricia! I've got to tell you...you Patchpal Turtle was my fav in the gallery this month! Your coloring is super and the layout is great, but I love, love, love the colors on this happy card! And is that a border punch on the bottom in green? If so, it is absolutely adorable! Love it!

The Daisy Duo card is just lovely in purple, and your punched fronds are perfect embellishing!

Christi Flores said...

They are both so sweet!!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Simply done so beautiful!
:-)

Annie Bee said...

Luv the turtle he is sooo cute.

Shawne said...

These are beautiful tricia, I love your turtle card, the colors are so fresh and springy!