Saturday, January 30, 2010

February CDS Sneak Peeks - Day 3

I have gobs of Sneak Peek cards from Clear Dollar Stamps to show you today! The first showcases a new sentiment set called Dream Big. I combined it with the branches from the Genuine Love set and the butterfly from the Birthday Celebrations set. I used some older SU dp that I found in my box and I just *adore* the color combination!!

The next two cards are from a set called Elegant Gymnasts. Do you remember watching Nadia and Olga get their perfect 10's??? (Am I showing my age here??? Do you even know who Nadia and Olga are????) Anyway - I think all little girls want to be gymnasts at some point in their lives - so this set is for the gymnast in all of us. Actually even if you *aren't* a gymnast, you'll want the set for the beautiful words that are included!



For the kraft card above, I laid out a number of the sentiments and mini gymnasts on a block to make a background, and used the swirlies under the balance beam (or floor mat, I'm not sure) to make a border around the main image.


I had won a set of MVP designer paper in a blog hop not too long ago, and it was *perfect* for this perfect 10 card. Actually that sentiment would be cute for someone's 10th birthday, too!!

Edited to add: I found out later that this gal is actually supposed to be vaulting - not on the uneven bars! Isn't that hysterical?? I totally missed that! SO... I just made the card this way to showcase its versatility... You can use the images in *so* many ways!! LOL! (That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!! )


Next up is the new Plumes and Blooms set...

Can you tell I still had the olive and red papers on my desk?? This set is so elegant that you can use it as the focal image and just add a sentiment... (mine's from With Thanksgiving)...

Or...
You can use it as a background, like I did on this card...

Time to go check out the other designers!! Thanks for stopping by, and we'll see you tomorrow!!

Trudy Sjolander

Tori Wild

Candy Fosta

Kim Teasdale

Nancy Grant

Katie Renz

Stacy Morgan

Shawne Arnold

Sarah Taylor

Cassie Trask

Angela Thomas

Linda Anderson

Laurie Wilson

Linda Borneman



Take a Risk

CDS STAMPS USED: Dream Big, Genuine Love, Birthday Celebrations
CS/PAPERS: SU DP, Olive, Red, Vanilla, White, River Rock CS
INK: Memento Black, Artichoke, Olive, Red
MARKERS: Copics to accent paper piecing
ACCENTS/TOOLS: Oval punches, Brad, Dimensionals, Spiral Punch, Buttons
TECHNIQUE: Paper Piecing


Elegant Dream

CDS STAMPS USED: Dream Big, Elegant Gymnasts

CS/PAPERS: Basic Grey Wisteria DP, Amethyst, Sage, White CS

INK: Memento Black, Sage

MARKERS: Amethyst SU marker to accent corners

ACCENTS/TOOLS: Rectangle Nestibilities, Stitching, Ribbon


Simply Elegant

CDS STAMPS USED: Elegant Gymnasts

CS/PAPERS: Kraft, Lemon Tart, White CS

INK: Soft Suede

ACCENTS/TOOLS: Scalloped Border Punch, Ribbon, Button, Scrappers Floss, Sewing Machine


Go For It!

CDS STAMPS USED: Elegant Gymnasts

CS/PAPERS: Black, Burgundy CS, WeRMemorykeepers MVP DP, White CS

INK: Baroque Burgundy, Memento Black

ACCENTS/TOOLS: Labels 4 Nestibilities, Oval Punch, Brads, Paisley CB Folder, paper piercer


Birthday Blooms

CDS STAMPS USED: Plumes and Blooms, Birthday Celebrations

CS/PAPERS: Grey, White, Purple, Olive, Magenta DP

INK: Elegant Eggplant, Memento Black

ACCENTS/TOOLS: Circle & Scalloped Circle Punches, Ribbon, Paper Piercer, Brads, dimensionals


Blooming Glad

CDS STAMPS USED: Plumes and Blooms, With Thanksgiving

CS/PAPERS: Olive, Cream, Red, kraft CS

INK: Artichoke, Read Red

ACCENTS/TOOLS: Rectangle Nestibilties, pearls, stitching


4 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful cards! I love how you used the flourishes in each of them. Your first one is my fav. Just beautiful.

Shawna said...

I love that color combo, too! LOVERLY cards Trisha!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Vaulting on the bars? Either way it looks good! Awesome samples Tricia.

:-)

Annie Bee said...

Beautiful cards as usual - you are so talented.