Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Monochromatic Train

Can you tell that I love clean & simple cards? This vintage engine from Clear Dollar Stamps' new Railroad Memories set just lends itself perfectly to this style. I stamped the engine in Baroque Burgundy and sponged around the edges with Desert Sand Memento ink. A few layers, some pearls colored with my R59 Copic marker, some ribbon and my deckle scissors and Voila! A quick and easy card.

Clean & Simple Engine

ALL CDSTAMPS LLC STAMP SETS USED: Railroad Memories
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Cosmo Cricket DP, Cranberry, Very Vanillia, Ivory Naturals
INKPADS: Cranberry Crisp
MARKERS:Copics - R59 to color the pearls
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS:Ribbon, Dimensionals, Deckle scissors, pearls
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): none

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I like this card, the background paper is so pretty also. I had fun entering the challenge! Was happy that I could enter even if I don't have any of their stamps yet. Thank you for the nice comments!

Cheryl

Laurie Wilson said...

How simple and fabulous! You nailed the "all reds" challenge!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous, Tricia...I sooo love the train image and all the red....beautifully done!!!

Jeanette said...

I really love this card! What an outstanding job you did. The stamp is gorgeous and love the color combo!
Hugs Jeanette :)