Friday, November 27, 2009

Fourth Friday Challenge!

** I have two posts today! Scroll down for today's Clear Dollar Stamps Sneak Peeks! **

Are you ready for a challenge?? Today is the fourth Friday in November, so it's time for the Paper Garden Projects Fourth Friday Challenge to use "Backgrounds". This can be a background stamp or a stamp used as a background like I did for my card.

First I stamped my Snowflakes by Impression Obsession in Versamark ink on white cardstock. I covered them with holographic embossing powder and heat set them.

Then I used navy ink and brocade blue ink to sponge around the embossed snowflakes, and added the word 'Joy' from a set by Clear Dollar Stamps. In honor of Black Friday, the twist for this challenge is to use the color black, so I pulled out my last piece of black cardstock (Note to self: Buy black cardstock...) and some black ribbon to put the finishing touches on the base layers and the sentiment. I added a little more "bling" to the snowflakes, mounted the layers on a base card of Nautical Blue Light cardstock and Voila - here's my card!

Be sure to look at the prize and link up your challenge card over on Cathy's blog - and you *have* to see her project. It's adorable! You have until midnight of December 4th to be in the running for the prize which is TWO background stamps from the store!!

I can't wait to see what you create!!!

BTW - be sure to check out the current Paper Garden Projects store specials! Copics and Penny Black Stamps and embellishments are all on sale!!

Blessings!

Tricia

6 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful, the snowflakes and how you shaded are awesome.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Stunning Tricia!
:-)

Laurie Wilson said...

Wow, this is GORGEOUS! So wintery and crisp!

Danni said...

This is gorgeous!!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, beautiful snowflakes.
luv
Debby

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

This is just beautiful Tricia - I love the icy embossed look. You have been creating up a storm here - its always such fun to come see what you've made.