Friday, November 27, 2009

CDS Day 1 Sneak Peeks - Stegos, Smiles & Slippers

Yay! It's the first day of Clear Dollar Stamp sneak peeks! I have *so* many fun cards to show you this month. There are lots and lots of $1-$2 stamps being released this month. Great for last minute cards or gifts. I'm sure there are lots of us that could stand a few of these in our stocking on Christmas morning! Our children would probably like them too!! :-)

My first card is made with Teeny Stego and the Something to Roar About sentiment. I colored him very simply with Copics and added some grass under him to "ground" him. I inked up the sentiment with Not Quite Navy ink and then cleaned off the word roar (with my thumb...!) and used a marker to ink that word. I didn't want to add a bow since this is a "boy" card, but I couldn't help adding some stitching and brads. :-)

My next project is with Mr. Spike. Isn't he adorable??? He *absolutely* reminds me of the dog on Bugs Bunny and he definitely makes me smile! I decided to alter a piano practice book for my niece. (Aren't I a nice piano teacher??? LOL!) It's much more fun to practice when the book is cute!!
I stamped Spike on Kraft paper and colored him with prismacolors. If you look closely in the next picture, you'll see that there is no dp on this project. I used my white gel pen for the polka dots on the top and I simply drew vertical lines with a ruler for the bottom. Voila! Instant dp!!


I'll leave you for today with this sweet little baby card make with the Bunny Slippers and Snuggle Bunny Stamps. Lots of punches, a few copics, a little designer paper, some stitching and some dimensionals. Soft and sweet and babyish. Awwwwww!!!

Now don't forget to come back tomorrow!! There's so much more to show!!!! And dont forget to check out the other CDS designers. They have such *cute* things to share!!!

Trudy Sjolander

Tori Wild

Candy Fosta

Kim Teasdale

Nancy Grant

Katie Renz

Stacy Morgan

Shawne Arnold

Sarah Taylor

Cassie Trask

Angela Thomas

Linda Anderson

Laurie Wilson


Distressed Dino

ALL CD STAMP SETS USED: Teeny Stego, Something to Roar About
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Black, White, Red, Kraft cs

INK: Tuxedo Black, Navy, Hunter

MARKERS: BG09, G99, BG63, R22

ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: brads, dimensionals, sewing machine, scalloped scissors

TECHNIQUE: Distressing


Altered Piano Practice Book - Mr. Spike

There was no dp used in this project! :-)

ALL CD STAMP SETS USED: Mr. Spike, You Make me Smile
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Black, White, Red, Kraft cs

INK: Tuxedo Black, Real Red

MARKERS: none

ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: White gel pen, black multiliner, zigzag scissors, circle die, circle punch, gingham ribbon, button, ruler, prismacolors & oms


Bunny Slippers

ALL CD STAMP SETS USED: Bunny Slippers, Snuggle Bunny
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Pink DP, White, Pink, Yellow
INK: Tuxedo Black, Grey Palette

MARKERS: R20, RV13, RV42, Y21

ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Circle and Scalloped Circle punches, dimensionals, cuttlebug swiss dots folder, sewing machine

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome creations my friend! They are all so cute...I can't pick a favorite!
Hugs,
True :)

Cassie said...

These are all so super cute, Tricia ;D

Stacy Morgan said...

These are all adorable. I agree the dog does look like the one from the show. hee hee Darling card, she will love the music book makeover.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Love-love your designs!!!
:-)

Laurie Wilson said...

All your layout designs are perfect for each image! I like the colors for each one too, all these are adorable! I like that you used Mr. Spike to adorn the Music book!

Candy F. said...

Love all your creations especially the bunny slippers -- the pink and yellow are perfect together.

Dawn B. said...

You have been so busy.. These are so adorable.. I love the slipper card...

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Tricia, I just love your style. Maybe because I could never pull it off. You do such a beautiful job!