Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 4 Sneak Peeks!! Leafy Trio


It’s the final day of sneak peeks. Tomorrow all of these fabulous sets will be available at Clear Dollar Stamps. Yay!!! :-)


My card for today showcases a little set of three leaves. My first thought when I saw them is that they would be wonderful to stamp your own backgrounds, but when I started to stamp with them, this is what came out… LOL!


I stamped the leaves on some ivory natural cardstock from Stampin’ Up and then watercolored them by scribbling markers onto an acrylic block and picking up the color with a wet paintbrush. I distressed the edges and matted them with scalloped squares that I punched out with my super jumbo Marvy punch. There are some of my favorite embellishments on this card: stitching, scalloped squares, my Martha Stewart Lace Doily punch and eyelets. The dp is by K&Company, and the “blessings” sentiment is from the Charlie Harvest set that I previewed a day or two ago. (Did I mention that I love that set???)


So there you are! What is your favorite set from this release?? I know I’ll be using them all very often!!!


Be sure to check out the other designers blogs today. There are a number of other sets being previewed today that I know you’ll like - including the Stamp of the Month set that you can get free with a $50 order from the store!


Sets being previewed today….


Leaf trio, NOV chrysanthemum, DEC poinsettia, SOM what a pane

Lori McCroskey


Angela Thomas

Candy Fosta

Cassie Trask

Katie Renz

Kim Teasdale

Laurie Wilson

Linda Anderson

Sarah Taylor

Shawne Arnold

Stacy Morgan

Trudy Sjolander

Thanks for looking!


Tricia


Leafy Blessings

ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED: Leaf Trio, Charlie Harvest (sentiment)
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Ruby, Rust, Mustard, K&Co dp, Ivory Naturals
INK: Palette Noir
MARKERS (if any):none
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: sewing machine, Martha Stewart doily punch, 3/4" square punch, Yellow scalloped square punch, crop a dile, black eyelets, dimensionals
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): watercolor with ink pad
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any): watercolor

2 comments:

Ellibelle said...

This is beautiful, Tricia. I love the sketch, brings out the images so beautifully.

By the way, there is an award for you on my blog :-)

Ellie.

Joan Ervin said...

This is beautiful...love the three little leaves and your fabulous colors and layout....AWESOME work!!!