Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Verve for Dad

Hmmm... I wonder if my Dad reads my blog????  If so, he just saw his Father's Day card! {smile}

This card was *so* much fun to make.  I started with the Mojo Monday sketch for this week - It's a contest, btw!  Hurry and enter!!
- anyway - I knew I wanted to use the tree and these woodsy colors.  I stamped the tree on Creamy Caramel cardstock and used my Prismacolors and OMS to color it.  I stamped the Scalloped Oval and inner dots from "Sweet on You" on an old scrap of SU dp that went with the Office Accoutrement set... I don't even know its name!  I sponged in some clouds with NQ Navy ink and cut it out.  The cream piece with lines is from the same dp collection.  I stamped words from "Because of You" in NQ Navy ink on River Rock cardstock and cut them to fit.  The "Dad" stamp is from "World's Best" and is stamped in Cocoa.  When I had the card all put together it seemed like it was missing something, so I sponged in some hills with River Rock ink and made an extra set of hills that I popped up for dimension.

I love how all Julee's stamps can coordinate, don't you?  And it's a good thing, because the Viva La Verve challenge has a twist of combining three sets...  maybe I'll work on that one next! :)

Blessings!

Tricia 

3 comments:

Olena said...

I really love this! ~Olena~

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, wow! I'm loving those clouds! EEEK! What a beautiful card. Thanks for playing! :)

Teresa Kline said...

I luv this, the tree is gorgeous.....great work....thanks for playing with the mojo makers!
enjoy *~*