Saturday, May 02, 2009

A Couple of Cards...


I have a couple of cards to share with you today.  They both showcase a sweet set by Clear Dollar Stamps called Genuine Love.  I found this set when I was browsing through their store last month and fell in love with it.  

For the first card I used one of the new Digital Stamp Oasis images that is available here.  I colored Sammy with Prismacolors and OMS and punched him out with a Marvy Super Jumbo (blue) circle punch, then layered him on a scalloped circle punched with the Mega (pink) punch.  I stamped the wispy branch onto the tan layer with Memento Desert Sand ink. (A *must have* color!!), and then stitched the tan layer onto the background layer.  I used three different copper brads to add some interest to the upper left hand corner and stamped the verse, "Let love be genuine.  Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good."  I thought it was appropriate, since Sammy was holding onto a good sized acorn. :)

The second card is for the Clear Dollar Stamps Weekend Color Challenge, to use Bashful Blue, White and Silver (or Gray).  The image is the wispy branch again, stamped in gray.  The little blue flowers are one stamp - perfectly situated to add flowers to the branch.  I love it!  And no, I didn't stamp on fabric... just textured paper.  BTW, are you tired of my doily punch yet??  I can't help using it!  It adds such a sweet feminine look to your projects!!

I hope to get in a little more stamping this afternoon, but, we'll see!!

Simply Stamping,

Tricia

3 comments:

thinker said...

cute cards, Tricia! I love how the white piece on the 2nd card really looks like fabric with the distressed edges!! Beautiful!!

Angie said...

I love that second card! So pretty!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful cards but my fave is the second one love its elegance and that card really does look like fabric.
luv
Debby