Monday, April 27, 2009

Viva La Verve - April...

I love my Verve stamps.  They make me take my cardmaking in an entirely different direction from my usual "cute" cards.  Or maybe it is just the Viva La Verve sketches on Splitcoast.  Hmmm...  

Anyway, here are the cards I made for the last three VLV Sketch Challenges for April.  One of these months I'd love to win the entire Verve Release.  Wouldn't that be a fabulous Mother's Day gift??  You should try it!  You still have 3 days!

The first card was a color challenge - Blue, Mustard & Sun.  I used Floral Symphony as my stamp set and pulled out some ancient Mustard colored dp.  I even got to use my Doily Punch!! 
I distressed by sponging with Mustard and Cocoa inks.

For the next card I got to make my own background paper using the daisies from Floral Symphony and the "Praying for You" sentiment from Circular Sayings.  I used the same mustard dp and the border punch again and just added some buttons, a ribbon and a little tag where the sentiment was to be added.

Last, but not least, we had a sketch that we were supposed to make "spring-y".  I went with pink and flowers.  What's not spring-y about that?? :)  I stamped the lilies on the K&Co dp in brown ink and then colored them in with a white Prismacolor pencil.  I like the look... kind of like faux bleach.

It's a busy day here, so I'm going to run.  Happy Stamping!

Tricia

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made a fantastic card for the challenge, so soft and pretty!

Deb said...

What beautiful cards. I love the colors.

Monica Anderberg said...

So pretty! So wellbalanced and lovely colorcombo! It is so fun to visit your blog and see all the wonderful things you are making.

Hugs Monica

Laurie Wilson said...

Just fantastic designs and such sweetness on that pink one! Love the vintagey colors of the blue/mustard one too!

Stampin' Meg said...

ohhh stunning cards Tricia!

thinker said...

These are all such beautiful cards, Tricia. I love each one of them!

I do hope you're successful in winning the entire Verve Release - that would be an awesome Mother's Day gift!!! If it were up to me, I'd choose you!!!

and on another note, peggysue, you write so very well!! Thanks for the chuckles this morning!

and on another note....

A dear friend of mine has started up a new blog, Woman to Woman: Sharing Jesus. It's a place where women can meet and share their love of Christ. Diane created a new blog award that I get the great privilege of giving to you!!! You can pick it up hereblessings to you on your day,