Friday, April 03, 2009

Asian Greetings

I know this isn't my usual style, but I've been seeing the beautiful sponging that Theresa does on her cards, and I just had to try it with this Silhouette Wishes set that you can get free with a $50 purchase this month from Clear Dollar Stamps.

Oh, by the way, the Clear Dollar Stamps are *wonderful*.  As a guest designer this month I got to pick three sets, and I'm *so* impressed!! They stamp clearly and are packaged nicely.  And the cost is so reasonable!!  Sorry... rabbit trail.  Back to the card!!

I made the card for the CDS weekend color challenge over at PaperCraft Planet to use Olive, Mustard and Chocolate Chip.  I did a lot of sponging like Theresa and then stamped my branch and bird in Chocolate Chip.  I think they look very elegant.  To get the white ring around my sentiment I punched a 1 1/4" circle out of a piece of cardstock to make a mask.  I centered the opening over my sentiment and then sponged it with mustard ink.  I then punched it out with a 1 3/8" circle punch, leaving the pretty ring that makes it look like I used nestibilities. :)

Watch for more CDS samples over the month, and be sure to browse the Clear Dollar Stamps store if you haven't been there before!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Details:

ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED: Silhouette Wishes
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Old Olive, Bazzill Brown
INK: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Old Olive
MARKERS (if any): None
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: 1 1/4, 1 3/8, Scalloped Circle Punches, Stamping Sponges, Mounting Tape, Fibers, Hardware
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): None
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any): Sponging

2 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Tricia this is beautiful! Love your choice of color, and love the sponging!

Unknown said...

Wonderfully done Tricia.

:-)