Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cute Card Thursday & Mouse Sighting!

The challenge for Cute Card Thursday is to make a card for the Men & Boys in our lives, so here's one with the Limited Edition frog set from The Angel Company. I *love* the card - but I couldn't get the color right in the picture at all!! Picture River Rock and Chocolate Chip and it will help! Really, though, I think I prefer the card I posted yesterday for my challenge card. Can it be Cute Card Wednesday this week?? I'm pretty sure it was already Thursday in the UK!! *smiles*



As for the Mouse sighting... It's a House Mouse!!! :) I received a marvelous package of stamped images the other day and now I have a whole bunch of House Mouse Stamps to color!! :) Oh, how fun. But when I sat down to color this one, I really got kind of nervous. "What if it turns out ugly??" So here it is... I colored it with Prismacolors and OMS and left it fairly plain. Too many fal-da-rols and it seemed to take away from the cute image. I did use an idea that I saw on someone's blog (I'd give credit if I remembered whose!!) to mount the vanilla of the image on another sheet of vanilla cardstock to give it a "faux nestabilities" look. Pretty snazzy!! :)




Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!



16 comments:

Deb said...

Oh, they are both gorgeous cards, I so love the little mouse!

thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Sandy said...

Wow so really gorgeous cards. Love it.

tracie said...

wonderful cards, I especially love the cute mouse :-)x

Annie said...

both fab cards, but I do love that mouse trying to keep dry under the daffodil! you did a fab job of colouring him in.

stampingbalou said...

Oh, both cards are soooo gorgeous - great art work !

Jilli said...

Gorgeous cards, love the little mouse, he makes you feel so sorry for him!

Andrea, said...

Wonderful cards, love the little mouse.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Beth said...

These are both so lovely! I really like the mouse image!

ella bella said...

wow these are gorgeous cards love mouse image. :)

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Lovely CCT card!

Lorraine said...

Both are gorgeous cards, I love your HM card with it's rich tones.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Both cards are beautiful. Nikki x

Rose Ann said...

Both of these are so cute!! Great coloring as well!!

Delia said...

Gorgeous card, I love the image and I love those raindrops. You did a great job coloring. Thanks so much for sharing.

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, but do love the mouse he's so cute.

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

wow your cards are fantastic and wonderful