Friday, January 04, 2008

New Notebook

I needed a new little notebook to fit inside my Bible cover for taking notes during church. Usually I go to Michael's and pick up a Mary Engelbreit journal for $1, but since I'm really trying to use my stamping supplies and not buy what I could very easily make, I decided to make a little notebook instead. I cut a sheet of River Rock cardstock to about 6 1/4 x 7 1/2 inches for the outside, but any size will do. Then I took 6 pages of lined notebook paper, cut it about 1/4" smaller than my cardstock, folded the stack in half and stapled it into my notebook cover. (See picture below) To staple it, I actually just opened my stapler up flat and stapled into the mat from my mat pack. (A mouse pad would work, too.)

The cover of my notebook is decorated with one of the Penguins from CC Designs Little Penguins set, and the saying is from an SU Sell-a-Bration set from last year. One of the things I really like is that the notebook will last about a month or so, and then I'll be able to make a new one to correspond to the month/season. At the end of the year I'll be able to tie them up with a ribbon and not only have all my sermon notes, but a set of stamped notebooks that I'll get to keep!! :)

Now, lest you give me credit for more creativity than I possess... I got the basic idea for the notebooks from a blog... I think kwernerdesign.com/blog, but I can't remember for sure. I made one of these for my purse awhile back with regular copy paper inside and I've just loved it. Let me know if you try one. I'd love the link if you post it!


Thanks for stopping by! I should have my Kit of the Month up by next week and - just possibly - some blog candy for the new year! See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Your notebook is darling, and I love the little penguin!!

abhall76 said...

What a great little notebook. I may have to make some of these myself!