Monday, October 01, 2007

Challenging Music

Today's card is for Kraftin' Kimmie's challenge to make a card using her layout/sketch. I did change things up a little... but not much! :) I used this gorgeous musical set from the Stampin' Up! catalog to make my own background paper, but instead of the normal black and white of piano keys, I used the "antique ivory" keys approach instead. The card is actually 4"x4", mounted on a piece of 4.25" black cardstock. If you look carefully, you'll see a piece of swirl vellum (I loved that! I wish SU! still carried it!) that I cut with a wave scissors I found in the bottom of my drawer. I also used some wide black organdy ribbon to give it some added elegance. So - there you are! Thanks for the challenge, Kim!!! :)

4 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Absolutely stunning Tricia!! Gorgeous!!!

Angie said...

I love it. Shows that one can do alot with basic black and off white.

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful and elegant! Wow!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card. Simple and elegant. What is the name of the SU set used?