Thursday, March 29, 2007

Home Again!



We had such a wonderful time on spring break!! :) We went to Tulsa, OK for the sole purpose of going to a huge cross-stitch store. It was a 12 hour drive from my parents... which is a 4 hour drive from me!! What a fabulous store and what friendly people. We really wanted to stay. :) I picked up my first Vera Bradley bag... which I just love... and lots of cross-stitching supplies for myself and my two daughters. My dad sat in the car in the sunshine and slept. On the way home we stopped at the Precious Moments Chapel in Carthage, MO. What a special place. Then we drove through Branson... which was definitely NOT our idea of fun. We are such small town folks!

I made this card before I left. The "rick-rack" is a piece from the SAB Scrappin' kit that I did some paper piercing on. The cross is by TAC - embossed in gold detail ep and then watercolored.

Thanks for stopping!

2 comments:

mitchells2000 said...

Wow - 12 hours for a x-stitch store! :-) I love x-stitching... but usually end up making my own patterns or making variations to the patterns I own. Maybe if I visited that x-stitch store I'd find more things that are my style that I actually LIKE!
Isn't the Precious Moment's Chapel AMAZING!!! I went there over spring break my senior year in college. It was awesome. I know they were adding new stuff... I bet it's even better now.
Sometime you should post your x-stitch projects as well. Check out my blog for more of the cards that I've made recently. :-)

Angie said...

And I thought I was crazy for wanting to drive 3 hours to a scrapbook store. It sounds like it was a good time with your parents and that is what matters. Glad to have you back