Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Silent Night

Tonight's card was for the SCS Color Challenge using Bashful Blue, Cranberry Crisp and Old Olive. I didn't have any Bashful Blue - so I used Bliss Blue instead. It was in my scrap drawer! :) My background layer is Paisley (of course! ) and my main image is from the retired set A Gift of Love. I used watercolor pencils & markers to color my image - added a few Dazzling Diamond stars to the sky and layered it on Cranberry & Olive, tearing the corner & added some blue brads to pull my Bliss Blue in again. The zigzag stitch is a Hero Arts stamp that I've had forever & keep forgetting to return to Debbie Olson.... (I promise I'll get it back to you, Debbie!!) and the card is topped off with a gold clip & some gold cord and cranberry ribbon.

I wouldn't have put these colors together without encouragement... although - come to think of it - these are the colors in the SU Holiday Designer paper... only available through the end of the month. Hmmm... I might have to place an order!!
I made a baby card tonight, too... but it seemed kind of plain to post. Maybe I'll do it later this week when I don't have any time to stamp.
Have a fabulous day!

No comments: