Friday, October 20, 2006

Sparkling Snow


Today's "Blog Bling" is a snowy trading card done in different shades of blue. On my piece of glossy cardstock I stamped a number of snowflakes with versamark ink. Then I inked up my brayer (Brocade Blue, I think!) and brayered over the versamark snowflakes - a number of times, until I really noticed the white snowflakes "pop out". Wipe this layer off with a tissue or paper towel to shine up your snowflakes. I then stamped two more snowflakes in versamark and embossed them with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. As a final touch, I stamped tiny snowflakes in Ballet Blue ink. I layered my focal piece on Brocade Blue and Ballet Blue and added the little corner piece stamped with "joy". (I actually added the little corner piece to cover up some Ballet Blue snowflakes that turned green since I'd forgotten to clean my stamp first.... but we won't go there!) After tying a little silver cord all around, my little package was ready for presentation. :)

A couple of the gals at my show last night wondered if they could give me a challenge. They would give me a stamp that they just couldn't seem to figure out anything to do with, and tell me what paper colors they had. I would then make a card or two for inspiration. It sounds like fun! Want to join them? Email me and we'll work out the details. I may have to have you send me the actual stamp, or set, if I don't own it already. Then I'll send back both the set and the cards I make. I'll probably post them first, though!

Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful day!

No comments: