Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Heartfelt Joy

Remember my color group challenge to myself from the other day? This is my Bold Brights card... Turquoise, Apricot, Celery and Regal Rose. We all have favorite color groupings and this one is definitely out of my comfort zone! I used the Heartfelt Thanks set again, stamping the outline of the flower as a background on my turquoise base and then using my markers to color the bolder flower to stamp on the white cardstock. After I colored each flower with markers, I spritzed the stamp with a little water to soften the look when I stamped it. It's hard to see in the picture, but "up close" the flowers almost look watercolored. I layered the main image on Rose and Celery, stamped the Apricot piece with "heartfelt" and tried to figure out what I was missing. I settled on trimming the corners of my white cardstock, accenting the colored cardstock with gold brads, and then stamping "joy" very, very lightly in Regal Rose. I tried adding ribbon, but it seemed to detract from the simple lines, so I stopped. :) Don't be afraid to enjoy simplicity - in life as well as stamping!!


I'm off to school now, then to prepare for my show this evening. :) Hope your day is one of heartfelt joy!

No comments: